We’re looking for a Brand & Community Building enthusiast to join our team
**UPDATE: Applications for this position are now closed. We have hired the incredible Jaclyn to join our team and she is amazing!
We are looking for a tech-obsessed Community and Brand enthusiast to join our fast-growing marketing-tech startup.
This role is aimed at people who have had some experience working for a Brand, either building their community or social media presence. You’ll most likely have a great understanding and interest in what makes great brands great, be an avid supporter of the brands you love and are probably looking for a new challenge or way to utilise your knowledge.
At Duel, we specialise in Brand Advocacy – the art of fueling growth by amplifying the positive experiences brands create for their fans, customers and collaborators.
Through conducting research, consultancy services and thought leadership pieces – we built the ultimate SaaS platform for running Advocacy Programs. The product is an Advocate Relationship Management platform with a gamified customer/advocate portal where members earn points and rewards for completing tasks like referring friends, sharing data, social posting and creating user-generated content. With it, our Brand Partners (our clients) can build and manage bespoke Advocacy Programs to further engage with their community and harness the power of Advocacy.
Based in London and Bristol, the business is backed by Venture Capital and growing rapidly.
We are now looking for a Brand and Community enthusiast to assist in the consultation and implementation of our Brand Partners (our clients). You will use all of the knowledge and best practices learnt from your time in the industry, along with in depth training to really understand a brand’s needs to help them best understand how they can turn their passionate customers into a thriving Advocate Community. You will also work closely with the product team and CTO to inform the direction of the product through feedback you receive and your own ideas and expertise.
You will eventually run onboarding workshops, training and lead clients through the technical implementation phase (no technical experience is required and full training will be provided). Then you will continue to guide them through adoption and growth, as well as manage some of their Advocacy Programs.
- Work closely with Brand Partners to deliver effective consultation sessions, by working to understand their needs and ideas to essentially build and implement a tailored Advocacy Program
- Work with the sales team to establish customer goals, evaluate their needs and suggest optimisation techniques or additional features to meet their requirements
- Guide customers through the on-boarding and technical implementation phase
- Implement and project manage programs for Brands ensuring brand safety and vision are upheld throughout
- Organise and deliver appropriate thought leadership pieces
- Research community issues to understand and address the needs of different customer groups.
- Data is important to you! You enjoy using it to proactively manage your brands
- Work closely with the product team to help drive Duel and the product forward
- Ensure every brand partner is successful with the Duel technology and is happy can’t live without it
- You’ll have a personable, warm and inviting personality – you work well in a team and people generally want to be around you
- You have an interest and understanding of what makes great brands, great
- Solution-oriented approach; ability to pivot conversations and recommend creative solutions
- Tech-savvy and all over the digital and social stratospheres – comfortable picking up new interfaces on-the-fly and totally clued up on digital best practice
- Excellent communication skills: proven ability to articulate ideas and concepts in written form, presentation form in both pre-planned and ad-hoc scenarios
- A creative thinker who brings contrarian, provocative and remarkable ideas to the table
- Very curious and aware, you know who’s doing cool stuff and use it to inspire you.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Experience with working for a brand in social media/influencer marketing/community building
- Proven interest in brand building and marketing
- Experience in SaaS-based implementations and project management is not required but would be nice
- Experience in planning and producing marketing programs in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment.
- Experience using eCommerce platforms (Shopify, Magento etc.) is a bonus, but not required
- Experience in running multiple social channels, including community management, posting organic brand content and paid social
- Flexible, relaxed and fun, but absolutely driven to making the business a success
- Tech and process-driven – we make tech, we love tech and we use tech to make our lives easier where possible
- We work with people we like, and we like the people we work with. This means after-work drinks, lunches in the sun and good-natured wind ups
- We’re trying to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and a remarkable culture that you will want to shout from the rooftops about
WHAT WE OFFER
- Open plan, cool loft office in-between Borough and Southwark (dogs welcome) with a well-stocked beer and gin fridge
- Flexible working hours and home working options (in fact, actively encouraged!)
- Unlimited / Zero holiday policy. If you don’t need to be in the office, do the work required from anywhere in the world – Skype is a wonderful thing.
- On-going training where required
- Perks: gym membership, Headspace subscription and work-related or personal growth reading/Audible budget
- Options scheme for all full-time employees
- Competitive salary / Bonus package – £24,000 – £35000 per annum dependant on experience
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please send us your CV (no cover letters please) to: [email protected] with the job title as the subject line.
(No recruiters, please! We would rather save the money and put it towards an awesome team day out. Also, no phone calls. Everything must be done by email. Cheers!