Duel is a Customer Advocacy Marketing platform that helps brands and retailers sell more by turning their customers into advocates. This advocacy builds emotional connection and makes every element of a company’s marketing, advertising, and eCommerce more effective.
Based in London and Bristol, the business is backed by Venture Capital and set for rapid growth in 2018.
- Be part of the whole development process, from prototype to production
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to design, develop and test new features
- Research technical requirements and bring problems and solutions to the table
- Maintain high code quality and ensure responsiveness across our applications
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Take pride in producing and maintaining work to a high standard
- Be a creative thinker able to recognize and solve problems by thinking outside the box
- Willingness to adopt new techniques and technologies and stay up to date with industry best practices
Here is a list of skills for an absolute ideal candidate. Please bare in mind that we are quite flexible and also love to help people learn and grow within Duel, so these skills are preferred but not essential.
- Attention to detail
- Node.js, Angular (or similar), Mongo DB (or other document based storage)
- Experience developing and consuming REST APIs
- Good ability working with Git (or similar version control)
- Good ability working with command line tools
- Testing experience (automated)
- Understanding of security and data protection best practices
- Good internal communication skills
- Experience with AWS (or similar cloud-based services)
- Linux / Docker / Networking
- Flexible, friendly and fun, but driven to making the business a success
- Tech and process driven – we make tech, we love tech and we use tech to make our lives easier where possible
- We’re trying to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and a remarkable culture that you will want to shout from the rooftops about
WHAT WE OFFER
- Modern working space in central Bristol with unique art on the walls and our signature “endless cookies” policy
- Flexible working hours and home working options (in fact, actively encouraged!)
- Unlimited holiday policy. We encourage people to take holidays quite often because a healthy work/life balance is essential!
- If you don’t need to be in the office, do the work required from anywhere in the world – Skype/Slack is a wonderful thing.
- On-going training where required
- Perks: gym membership, Headspace subscription and work-related or personal growth reading/Audible budget
- Options scheme for all full-time employees – if you help us build the company, you should own some of it!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus package
To apply – please send us your CV and links to your work/projects to: [email protected]
(No recruiters, please! We would rather save the money and put it towards an awesome team day out. Also no phone calls. Everything must be done by email. Cheers!)